Sciente ("Sciente" or "we" , including all corporate entities of Sciente, including its subsidiaries incorporated in the USA and related companies in India) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personally-identifiable information that we collect from you as you use this Web site (the "Site"). We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. To that end, we have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by data protection principles.
We have also recognised and fulfilled our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act.
Information Protection - We have policies and practices to address data protection obligations, and procedures to identify and assess what Personal Information we hold, where it comes from, how and why it is processed and if and to whom it is disclosed. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data Protection - Sciente stores all Personal Information on secure servers on either HostSG or Amazon Web Services, and protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion.
- Data Retention & Erasure – We have ensured that Personal Information is stored, archived and destroyed compliantly and ethically. We have dedicated retention and erasure procedures in place to meet the new ‘Right to Erasure’ obligation. If you no longer want Sciente to store and process your Personal Data, please send us an email request at HR@SCIENTE.COM.
- Data Breaches – Our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time. Our procedures have been disseminated to all employees, making them aware of the reporting lines and steps to follow.
- International Data Transfers, Storage & Third-Party Disclosures – where Sciente stores or transfers Personal Information overseas, we have safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt and maintain the integrity of the data. Your data is stored in databases that are secured and protected by mechanisms on a third party hosting provider, Amazon Web Services, or on HostSG.
- Obtaining Consent - We have a consent mechanism for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, purpose of it and how we use it and giving clear ways to consent to us processing their information. We have a process for recording user consent, making sure that we can evidence an affirmative opt-in, and an easy to access & withdraw consent at any time.
Third Party Web Sites
The Sciente Websites may contain links to third party web sites over which we have no control. These links are intended to allow our users to share our content on those sites. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites linked from our Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Notification of Purpose
1. Collective User Information
We may gather usage information from our Websites collectively, such as what areas of the Websites users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such collective data anonymously and in the aggregate. Some of this data is analysed using, e.g., Google Analytics, a service offered by Google Inc. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may, in the future, share this information with our affiliated companies, but only in the aggregate, without identifying you individually, so that they too may understand how Sciente Website visitors use our Websites, and also to create a better overall experience for you.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or as required in legal proceedings.
2. Personally-identifiable information
Sciente collects personally-identifiable information (“Personal Info”) on certain areas of the Site when users request information or a response, sign up for events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your professional resume, career preferences, company or school affiliations, availability information, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/ fax numbers). None of your personally-identifiable information is searchable by any third parties. You are not required to provide us with personally-identifiable information. However, without sufficient personally-identifiable information, Sciente may be limited in its ability to provide you with relevant services or content.
3. Your Personal Info
Sciente uses your Personally-identifiable information to fulfil your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your Personally-identifiable information on file and use it to contact you for recruiting or stated purposes. Sciente may also use Personally-identifiable information in analysing Site user behaviour in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow Sciente to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of items posted on the Site, simply do not check off any of the subject boxes on the registration page. Sciente uses Personally-identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. Sciente may provide your Personally-identifiable information to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
4. Cookies and IP addresses
5. Disclosure of personally-identifiable information to third parties
Sciente will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personally-identifiable information to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of Sciente), whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- Sciente may disclose your Personally-identifiable information with our clients for the purpose of hiring evaluation, with health insurance companies for medical policies, and with background checking agencies for employment verification.
- Sciente may disclose your Personally-identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- Sciente may disclose your Personally-identifiable information to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- Sciente may disclose your Personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- Sciente may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to Sciente;
- If Sciente and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by Sciente or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
6. Links to third-party sites
As a service to our users, our Websites may contain links to third party web sites (such as social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or job sites, etc.) over which we have no control. These links are intended to allow our users to share our content on those sites. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on our Websites is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites linked from our Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
7. Access & Correction of information
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submitted to the Site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the Websites on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not accessed your resume for some time we may also contact you to check your information is still correct.
Sciente has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Personally-identifiable information communicated to and from our Websites is scrambled using Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. Electronic data is stored in third party data centers that also implement the highest standards of data protection and security. Stored data is encrypted using the AES standard. Only authorized Sciente personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information by designating access according to their business needs, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Sciente cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
9. Transborder hosting and transfer of information
Personally-identifiable information collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to Sciente offices or our external third party data centers located anywhere, and the Websites may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws, such as the GDPR.. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Group Human Resources
51 Changi Business Park Central 2
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr. Jit Nagpal:
Sciente International Pte Ltd,
(EA License No. 07C5639)
51 Changi Business Park Central 2,
#09-06 The Signature,
This policy has been updated on November 12, 2019.